Founded in 1924 by Georges Roumier, the Domaine has been a family-operated estate for generations. Georges began domaine bottling in 1945, a practice that significantly elevated the estate's reputation. Christophe Roumier, representing the third generation, joined in 1982 and took full charge in 1992, continuing the legacy of producing seductively fruity wines with excellent ageing potential.
Over the years, the Domaine has expanded its vineyard holdings, particularly in the Bonnes-Mares area, combining vineyards from both Chambolle-Musigny and Morey-Saint-Denis. The estate now covers 11.52 hectares across several notable appellations.