The story of Domaine Jacques Prieur dates back to 1868, with the marriage of Claude Duvergey and Marie Taboureau. Originating from families in viticulture, Claude founded Maison Duvergey-Taboureau and later transitioned into vineyard acquisition, demonstrating foresight during the phylloxera crisis. His significant acquisitions included Clos de Mazeray Monopole, Volnay Santenots, Clos Vougeot, and Chambolle-Musigny. The domaine expanded under his guidance, and in 1956, it was named after Jacques Prieur, born from the union of Hélène Taboureau and Henri Prieur. Jacques Prieur was a co-founder of the Chevaliers du Tastevin and instrumental in instituting the "Paulée de Meursault."
In 1988, the Labruyère family, among others, joined to maintain the estate's integrity. Today, the Labruyère family, alongside the Prieur heirs, continue to uphold the domaine's legacy.